Disabled Services


Halton Court Services (HCS) is committed to making our services accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. We comply with the customer service standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We provide training, in accordance with the AODA, to all employees, including those who deal with the public and those involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.

Request accommodation

If you or someone you represent has a disability and requires accessible services or accommodations at our Provincial Offenses Court, please contact Court Administration by email at burlingtoncourt@burlington.ca or by phone at 905-637-1274.

Request an accommodation for a legal proceeding

If you require accommodation for legal proceedings, this may be at the discretion of the local judiciary. In this case, a request must be made by motion. Please contact us by email at burlingtoncourt@burlington.ca or by phone at 905-637-1274 for more information on filing an accommodation motion.

Provide Feedback

We welcome and appreciate all comments and feedback on how HCS provides goods and services to people with disabilities. You may provide feedback in writing or verbally to our Provincial Offenses Court or by telephone. Please forward all written comments to:

Halton Court Services
4085 Palladium Road
Burlington, ON L7M 2A6
Phone: 905-637-1274 ext. 6400
Email: burlingtoncourt@burlington.ca

Accessible forms

Some Provincial Offenses Act the forms are available online in an accessible format. We will make more forms available in an accessible format in the future. Please subscribe to this page for updates.


View our accessibility policies and procedures.

If you tell us about your communication needs, we will communicate with you in a way that takes into account your disability.
Service interruption
If there is a problem with the facilities, equipment or services on which people with disabilities depend, we will notify the public in advance. Please watch our news and reviews for notification. We always try to make alternative arrangements to provide the service where possible.
Assistive devices
You may use your own personal assistive devices. Portable hearing aids are available at the front counters and in the courtrooms. Where assistive devices are available, our service personnel have been trained in their use. The use of recording and video equipment is not permitted.
Disability Support Persons
You can access your support person while using our services. In situations where legal matters are discussed, please let us know in advance if you plan to use a support person. We may ask your support person to sign a confidentiality agreement, or the role of the support person may need to be agreed before the meeting.
Service animals
You may use your service animal in all areas of our premises that are open to the public.

Frequently Asked Questions

Check out some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to accessibility.

What can court staff ask about my disability? Should I tell everyone about my condition?
In most cases, the courts or their employees will not require additional personal information. Only members of the tribunal who need to know about your disability to make a decision or provide you with an accommodation will know the details of your claim and the personal information you provide.
Should I tell the court that I need accommodation?
Yes. It is in your interest to contact us to request the accommodation that will best meet your needs. If you do not request accommodation, we will not know in advance what your needs are and we may not be able to provide you with the appropriate service. If you or someone representing you requires accommodation, please contact burlingtoncourt@burlington.ca
Can the court reject my claim?
Yes. The court may refuse your request in certain cases. Contact us for more details.

Comments are closed.